In 1916, Pastor Charles S. Sanders, a member of the Second Baptist Church in Independence, Missouri, answered the call of the Lord to organize a Mission at 2104 Harrison St. This mission later became Macedonia Baptist Church. Pastor Sanders served the congregation for seven years. Between March and August of 1923, two pastors served: Pastor Jackson Smith from Arkansas and Pastor L.C. Rice. Pastor Preston Allen, Sr. was installed as pastor on September 23, 1923. Under his leadership, the facility at 2104 Harrison was purchased for $800 and many improvements were made. In 1933, the congregation burned the mortgage. Macedonia continued at this location for 17 years. In 1940, Macedonia purchased its second facility at 2205 Troost Ave. for $1,500. While worshipping at this location, Ike Richardson, an associate minister, answered the call of the Holy Spirit to establish a mission which later became the Welcome Baptist Church. Still growing, the congregation needed more room to worship. In 1955, a contract was signed to purchase the Benton Blvd. Baptist Church facility at 2455 Benton Blvd. for the sum of $45,000. On Sunday, June 17, 1957, the congregation formed a parade and the church marched from the 2205 Troost Ave. address to the newly purchased facility at 2455 Benton Blvd. Pastor Preston Allen, Sr. retired from the pulpit after 49 years of service on September 21, 1971. Pastor Preston Allen, Jr. was appointed to fill the position as pastor on January 23, 1972. Later in 1972, the mortgage note on the church was paid in full. Under the leadership of Pastor Preston Allen, Jr., Macedonia Baptist Church was placed on the city records as a Historic Landmark.; (Former President Harry S. Truman was baptized in the facility when it was Benton Boulevard Baptist Church.) On December 31, 1996, Pastor Preston Allen, Jr. retired as pastor of Macedonia Baptist Church after serving 25 years. Pastor Leslie Sims served as interim pastor January 1, 1997 through May 3, 1997.
Pastor John Leslie Brooks, having served as an associate minister of Macedonia Baptist Church, began his pastorate on May 4, 1997. Under Pastor Brooksx pastorate, many major renovations were made to the 2455 Benton Blvd. facility, including a new roof, pews in the balcony, carpet, refurbished restrooms, and too many more to count. Many new ministries, committees and teams have been established and a church newsletter was started.